Space



Apprehend: (the Greek word is καταλαμβάνω — kat-al-am-ban'-o) means to take eagerly, that is, seize, possess, etc. (literally or figuratively):—apprehend, attain, come upon, comprehend, find, obtain, perceive, (over-) take.

Sunday, June 3, 2007

Misgivings

The instructions [on the service I used for my first blog] said...Compose a first blog entry that is sure to impress. I'm not sure this will impress, perhaps it's more likely to annoy, but here goes...

So I finally started a blog. (Actually, I started it on 6/3 and "practiced" for several days before committing. Having decided to "commit," I'm posting my original and a few other blogs from the past week.)

I’ve been thinking about blogging for a long time...but just never jumped before. Lots of pros and cons kept me from taking the plunge:

Pros
- I have always viewed myself as a writer. Blogging provides both an outlet and a motivation to be disciplined.
- I already journal regularly. My Journal for 2007 is more than 30 pages…but there hasn’t been an entry in more than a week.

Cons
- Can I sustain a blog? Without regular entries, they waste away on the vine.
- In all honesty, blogs just seem a bit too egotistical for me to be totally comfortable with them. Who really cares what I think about subjects ranging from…well, whatever to whatever? I find many blogs to be pretty self-focused and largely boring with the occasional really, really good insight thrown in. I don’t want to add to the inane-ness of it all.
- I’m not sure how comfortable I am writing a self-disclosing blog, and I don’t think anything less has value.
- Then there’s the time commitment of a blog that has regular, meaningful entries.
Having said all that, perhaps it’s time to begin blogging. The sooner I start, the sooner I can learn from my mistakes, right? I’ll try to keep it interesting. Hope you enjoy it.


Comment by Shanna
good job! Way to put yourself out there. This will be good. I would love to do something like this someday... but not today. :-) I love to hear your insight, looking forward to more. Love ya!
Saturday June 9, 2007 - 11:24pm (EDT)

No comments: